Diaper rash happens! Be prepared with this new cream that creates a moisture barrier, allowing skin to dry out and heal. This diaper cream from Thinkbaby is mineral-based and sure to relieve diaper rash irritation, because no matter how much you prepare, it's never fun to see a rash on your little one.
Thinkbaby has a long history of building safe, non-toxic products for babies to athletes (Thinksport). Their mineral-based diaper rash ointment furthers their movement into baby body care with an ingredient list made up of natural and organic ingredients. Their ingredients pose the least potential for allergenic response or biological harm.
Thinkbaby Diaper Rash Ointment is great at soothing skin and designed to help prevent diaper rash. The product is unscented and should be applied to dry skin for best protection. As with all their products, there is no animal testing involved.
Active Ingredient: non-nano zinc oxide 14%
Ingredients: helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil* (1), ricinus communist (caster) seed oil (1), cera alba (beeswax)* (!), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil* (1), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil* (1), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter* (1), tocopherol (1)
*certiified organic ingredient(s)
How Do I Use It? Any Tips?
1. Cleanse the diaper area.
2. Allow to dry or pat the area dry with soft towel. WebMD suggests using water unless the diaper was soiled then use a very mild cleanser.
3. Apply cream liberally as often as necessary, with each diaper change, especially at bedtime or any time exposure to wet diapers may be prolonged.
4. For particularly bad rashes, you might also consider allowing your child to go diaper free for some period to allow for faster healing.
Product Origins: Made in USA
Since the company's inception, they have been focused on being socially responsible. For Thinkbaby this means three things:
- Create safe products
- Have the least impact possible on the environment in the creation, packaging, usage, and disposal of product possible.
- Connect to non-profit organizations engaged in activities that help the world become a safer, healthier place
Over the last 7+ years, they have provided products for various fundraisers for diabetes, child abuse, autism, and cancer organizations, and have provided direct aid to catastrophes such as the Texas fires and Haiti. In addition, they have been proud donors to Texas4000, Healthy Child Healthy World, Environmental Working Group, and St. Jude.
ThinkBaby's Chemical Policy
While several companies have begun to jump off BPA-based plastics, many are pursuing new plastics and materials that have not been properly tested. Thinkbaby and Thinksport employs the precautionary principle when choosing materials to work with.
It is important to us that through the life cycle of a product, it does not cause harm to the user or the environment.
We do not utilize clear plastic windows with our products as they are typically made out of PET and PVC and create excess waste.
Below are some of the items that comprise our chemical policy:
- No utilization of known carcinogenic, reproductive toxic, endocrine disrupting, neurotoxic materials
- Do not contain health compromising chemicals – including alkylphenols, polyurethane, petroleum distillates, phosphates, chlorine, chlorinated or brominated solvents, petroleum-derived or petrochemical fragrances, parabens, sulfur oxides, organohalides, formaldehyde, trichloroethylene (TCE), perchloroethylene (Perc), dioxins and furans, hexavalent chromium, organophosphate pesticides, polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDEs), di-(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP), 2,4, dichlorophenoxyacetic acid (2,4, D) or toxic dyes
- Do not contain PVC, PET, Melamine, or Lead
- Do not contain bisphenol-A (BPA), PFCs, PBDE (polybrominated diphenyl ethers)
- No animal testing